Spend school breaks at the i.d.e.a. Museum
Our summer camp returns July 12-16. Registration now open!
When school is out, let your children experience art and science collide during one of the i.d.e.a. Museum’s Wonder Camps. Children ages 6 to 12 can enroll in a week-long program during the spring or summer to engage their brains during school breaks.
Summer Wonder Camp
Monday, July 12 – Friday, July 16
Half-day only – 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Campers ages 6-12 will experience engaging STEAM projects inspired by our upcoming summer/fall exhibition, Robo Art. Investigate the world around us and our roles as agents of innovation! Planned activities:
- Experiment with different robots to create an artistic masterpiece.
- Jump into coding with Ozobots and use inquiry to imagine how robots can be used to improve the world around us.
- Explore the inner workings of a robot to get more familiar with their hardware.
- Compete in the Robot Olympics, a series of competitions to explore how design impacts performance.
Capacity is limited to 12 campers, and safety protocols will be in place.
Ages: 6 – 12
Cost: $76 for i.d.e.a. Museum members and $85 for nonmembers
Min 6, Max 12
Spring Wonder Camp - on a pause
Half-day runs 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Full-day runs 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Campers ages 6-12 will embark on a exploration of imagination to create a “Wonderland.” Planned hands-on art and STEAM activities include:
- Create your own island for wonderland with plaster
- Construct bridges to transport hexbugs between islands on Wonderland
- Explore energy sources and build a solar oven
- Make story cubes with special guest artist
- Create a character to screen print onto a canvas bag
- Sew a pillow-pet sidekick creature
150 W. Pepper Place
Mesa, AZ 85201
Free for members and those under age 1
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday
12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Monday - Wednesday and most holidays
New hours begin July 1.