Let’s design some fun colorful eggs. This time, we’ll try using watercolor pens to create.
- Watercolor paper or thick paper (we used a paper plate)
- Watercolor pens
- Black market (for outlining your drawing)
- Optional: Table covering or smock to protect table and clothes
Watch video for inspiration…
If you have trouble getting inspired, just look at some egg decorating ideas online or in books. You might also ask yourself:
- What type of colorful egg will I draw?
- What colors will I use? Pastels or bright colors?
- What will be in my drawing? Grass, trees, flowers, animals, people, etc.?
Remember, focus on the process and having fun!
Finally, you might enjoy these activities, too:
- Try some other egg crafts. We liked these 60 ideas from Fireflies + Mud Pies.
- Then experiment with science and sensory activities using eggs. Check out these ideas from Little Bins for Little Hands.
- Plus, check out a process art activity from our team that uses eggs. Try it! Find instructions for Egg-citing Spring Splat Art here.
About our volunteer
Julia is a student at Arizona State University studying biology. She draws and paints to relax and think. You might find her at the museum helping at an event, but she’s often behind the scenes helping input data and prepping sample artworks for marketing events.