It’s a new year, and it’s time to create new dreams and goals!
To get into a dream mindset, let’s draw some colorful clouds.
- Sketchbook or some paper
- Colorful drawing instruments, such as markers or colored pencils
Watch video for inspiration…
For inspiration, just look up. Or, try searching online for sky art or flip through some board books. You might also ask yourself:
- What kinds of clouds will I draw? Fluffy or thin?
- What colors will I use? Pastels or bright colors?
- Will my sky have other elements, such as birds, the sun, an airplane, etc.?
Remember, you should draw your clouds the way you imagine it. And don’t worry about it looking “perfect” – focus on having fun.
Try these activities along with drawing:
- Create a dream board. Some tips for getting started from iMom.
- Add a lesson on clouds. Get started with some internet research. Some resources include Ducksters, PBS Learning Media and Britannica Kids.
- Go on a cloud scavenger hunt with your i.d.e.a. Museum desert-oculars.
About our volunteer
Julia is a student at Arizona State University studying biology. She draws to relax and think. You might find her at the museum helping at an event, but she’s often behind the scenes helping input data and prepping sample artworks for marketing events.