Got shaving cream and food coloring? Then you can paint another way: By marbling!
This activity comes from our Messy Creations series. Be sure to set down some newspaper or a covering for your table to avoid getting too messy. Smocks or old T-shirts are great for avoiding messes on your child’s clothes.
- Sheet pan or tray
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
- Utensil to mix the colors
- Damp paper towel
1. Spray shaving cream on a sheet pan.
2. Drop food coloring onto the shaving cream.
3. Have child mix the colors together with a utensil or their hands. While it gets messy, it’s great for sensory development.
4. Press a blank sheet of paper into the shaving cream and pull the paper up.
5. Use the damp paper towel to remove access shaving cream and reveal marbled painting.
*Tip- These make great greeting cards!
Need some visual instructions? Watch a video to see how to make marble paper posted earlier.