Updated June 11, 2021
The i.d.e.a. Museum – which is owned by the City of Mesa and supported by the i.d.e.a. Museum Foundation – is open to our community. We are thrilled to welcome you back!
Currently, the i.d.e.a. Museum’s business hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Beginning in July, the museum will be open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
Visitors can purchase timed-entry tickets online or in person. We are strongly encouraging members and guests to purchase tickets in advance, so you can select your preferred date and time to visit. i.d.e.a. Museum members and babies 11 months and younger will be admitted free of charge.
Arriving at the i.d.e.a. Museum
If you purchased your ticket in advance, please be prepared to show a printed or digital copy. Please follow signs for checking in.
The i.d.e.a. Museum tends to be busiest between 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the summer. Due to capacity guidelines, access to ArtVille may be limited at times.
Explore a variety of art and hands-on activities. The HUB Gallery includes a few new areas such as Junkyard Jungle and Optical Illusion interactives. ArtVille – a colorful socks-only space for little ones ages 4 and younger – features new entrance and activities, including Shadow Dancing and Color Your World. Older children may enter as helpers and must be considerate of younger children. Capacity is limited in ArtVille, and guest may be asked to return at a later time.
Activities in our spaces are rotated occasionally to provide new experiences for our regular visitors and may change without notice. The Black Light Room and Zen Den reopen June 17.
Please note: The Whiteman Family Exhibition Gallery is closed between June 14-30 to change over exhibitions. Robo Art will open on Thursday, July 1. Additionally, the Snackery, HUB Classroom and Art Studio remain temporarily closed at this time. Birthday parties and some in-person workshops are also on a pause.
The museum offers art and hands-on activities that support early learning, nurture creative thinking and engage families in quality time. Children and adults are encouraged to engage in hands-on activities together. For the best visitor experience, please follow these guidelines:
- Adult visitors must supervise their children and/or guests at all times.
- Please walk in the galleries.
- Share or take turns on popular museum activities.
- Eating and drinking are only allowed in the lobby, outdoor Atrium and Snackery (currently unavailable).
- Return supplies and tidy up space after completing an activity.
- Art materials are for use in the museum only.
- Socks are required to enter ArtVille.
- Please take note of signs posted.
- Children and adults who are playing rough or become disruptive to the safe play of others will be excused from the museum.
Health and Wellness
We ask all guests who are not feeling well or experiencing symptoms of illness – such as fever, cough, nausea or shortness of breath – to stay home and postpone their visit.
Masks are optional at all City of Mesa facilities. To help mitigate the spread of germs, the museum has enhanced cleaning procedures and added hand sanitizer stations throughout the galleries. Additionally, we’ve installed Plasma Air ionization systems at the museum and signage to encourage frequent hand washing and proper cough/sneeze containment.
Best practices for Health and Wellness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
As always, if you have any questions, our staff is here to help. We look forward to seeing you soon!
The i.d.e.a. Museum reserves the right to refuse or revoke admission of any visitor whose conduct violates these guidelines.